Dr. Y. Appelman
VUmc, Afdeling Cardiologie, Amsterdam
NVVC, Voorzitter werkgroep Gender
Mw. Dr. J.E.A. Appelman is in 1996 gepromoveerd aan de UvA op een vergelijkend onderzoek tussen ballonangioplastiek en laserangioplastiek bij de behandeling van stenoses in de kransslagaderen. De opleiding tot cardioloog afgerond in 2001 in het AMC, vervolgens de opleiding tot interventiecardioloog in het St Antonius Ziekenhuis in Nieuwegein. Sinds juni 2006 verbonden aan VUmc als interventiecardioloog, vanaf medio 2007 Medisch Werkplekmanager. Sinds 2008 supervisor Invasieve Cardiologie. Aandachtsgebieden: acute infarct behandeling, drukmetingen (FFR) in de coronairen, vrouwen met hart-en vaatziekten. In 2008 heeft zij samen met collega Marques een internationale FFR workshop opgezet.
- Name: J.E.A. Appelman (Yolande)
- Address: Beethovenstraat 164-1, 1077 JW Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Telephone: +31-20-6720724
- Mobile: +31-6-43256738
- Nationality: Dutch
- Date of Birth: July 9th 1963
- 1982 Degree Atheneum ß
- 1983 State exams physics Atheneum ß
- 1984 Bachelor Medicine University of Amsterdam
- 1989 Doctoral Medicine University of Amsterdam
- 1991 Medicine University of Amsterdam (30-10-1991)
- 1996 Doctor degree University of Amsterdam, promoter Prof.dr. K.I. Lie (21-03-1996)
- 1996 Preliminary training Internal Medicine Academic Medical Center Amsterdam
- 1997 Trainee Cardiology Academic Medical Center Amsterdam (trainer Prof.dr. K.I. Lie)
- 2001 Cardiologist University of Amsterdam (AMC, 01-10-2001)
- 2002 Trainee Interventional Cardiologist St. Antonius, Nieuwegein
- 2003 Chef de Clinique / Interventional cardiologist with general clinical cardiology, heart failure and imaging St. Antonius, Nieuwegein
- 2006 Interventional Cardiologist VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam
- 2007 Clinical manager of the department of clinical cardiology and invasive cardiology VU University Medical Center
- 2009 Head Department Invasive Cardiology VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam
- 2012 Interventional Cardiologist with research focus on gender differences in coronary artery disease
Supervisor of 2 PhD students
- Grant 80.000 euro Dutch Heart Foudantion for research ACS and gender differences.
- Participation in CVON proposal: Gender diffences in cardiovascular disease. Submitted.
- 2002 Fellow of the Dutch Society of Cardiology (NVVC)
- 2004 Fellow of the Working group of Interventional Cardiology (WIC)
- 2009 Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- 2011 Member Women in Innovations (WIN part of the SCAI group)
- 2012 Member of the Editorial Board Netherlands Heart Journal
- 2002 PRISON study: presentation, Aspen, USA
- 2004 Total coronary occlusions: an update, Aspen, USA
- 2005 Post-graduate course heart failure
- "MRI guided vascular interventions". Interventional Cardiology 2007, 22nd Annual Interventional Symposium, Aspen, USA. (march)
- "FFR-measurements: an update". Cardiology Symposium, Hospital of Yentai, Yentai, China. (Apr.)
- Pre-hospital triage in Acute Coronary Syndromes: "The Amsterdam Experience". The Second Amsterdam Symposium on Acute Coronary Syndromes, NL. (Nov.)
- Pre-hospital triage in ACS: Aspen, USA (Febr.)
- Imaging in Cardiology: lecture for General Practioners NL (June)
- The acute coronary syndrome: lecture for General Practioners NL (June)
- Treatment of HOCM in the cathlab: lecture for cardiovascular Dutch nurses NL (Nov.)
- Angina Pectoris: lecture for General Practioners, NL (Dec.)
- Percutaneous treatment of HOCM. Congress North Netherlands Days Curaçao (Jan. 22-24 th)
- History of stent implantation: has the problem been solved? Amsterdam, The Netherlands Society of Cardiology, NL. Jubilee congress (Apr.)
- Women with heart disease. Congress NVHVV NHE Acute Cardiac Care (Sept. 10th)
- New Developments in Interventional Cardiology, Curacao, Netherland Heart Days (Jan)
- Gender differences in the acute coronary syndrome, Utrecht, CVOI (Febr.)
- Optimal care for Acute Coronary Syndromes, VMS safety program, Utrecht (Apr.)
- Venus in the cathlab. Heart for Women congress NVVC, Egmond aan Zee (Nov. 4th).
- Interventional treatment of hypertension. Curacao, Netherland Heart Days (Jan, 27-29)
- The effect of EXenatide in the treatment of an Acute Myocardial Infarction: the EXAMI trial. Interventional Cardiology 26th annual intern. symposium Aspen, Col.USA. (March,13-18).
- Bifurcation stenting: latest developments. CVOI symposium:New developments in interventional cardiology Utrecht Nov 18th.
- Gender differences: a journey through the heart (een hart(s)tocht). Congress: “Men come from Mars and women from Venus”. Mint Hotel Amsterdam. (Febr. 3-4).
- Results of the EXAMI Trial: Exenatide in Acute Myocardial Infarction. 27th annual international symposium Interventional Cardiology, 2012 Snowmass, CA, USA. March 8th.
- Women with ACS: Eliminating the Gender Gap. Stent for Life forum Prague. March 1st-2nd
- “It’s different for girls”. Symposium: Cardiovascular disease in focus 2012. Utrecht. October 2nd
- Women and ACS: very important! Symposium: Cardiovascular disease: gender differences in your daily practice! Amsterdam October 16th.
- Gender differences in interventional cardiology. Annual CarVasZ symposium with 2012 theme cardiovascular male/female differences. Ede. November 30th.
- It’s different for girls. Teaching Master students regarding gender differences in cardiovascualar disease
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Women; Interventional Cardiology 2013; 28th International Symposium Snow Mass March 24th-29th
- Gender differences in Coronary Artery disease; Interventional Cardiology 2013; 28th International Symposium Snow Mass March 24th-29th
- 2007 International workshop Fractional Flow Reserve for intervention cardiologists, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam. (Nov.)
- International workshop Fractional Flow Reserve for intervention cardiologists, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam. (March).
- International workshop Fractional Flow Reserve for intervention cardiologists, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam. (Nov.).
- 2009 Fractional Flow Reserve preceptorship VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam. (March 27th ).
- CVOI course on Gender specific issues in heart and vascular disease (Febr.)
- Optimal care for Acute Coronary Syndromes, VMS safety program, Utrecht, The Netherlands (April 22 th)
- Symposium Interventional Cardiology and the future, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam (Sept. 24 th)
- Interventional treatment of hypertension. Curacao, Netherland Heart Days (Jan)
- Organizer Dress Red Day September 24th for medical professionals in close collaboration with the Dutch Heart Foundation
- Creator of website www.kenhethart.nl: with everything there is to know with respect to gender and cardiovascular disease for cardiologists/general Practioners and their assistants
- Organizer congress: “Men come from Mars and women from Venus” supported by MSD. Amsterdam (Febr. 3-4)
- Organizer Dress Red Day September 28th for medical professionals in close collaboration with Dutch Heart Foundation and working group Gender NVVC
- Organizer symposium for general practitioner. Cardiovascular disease: gender differences in your daily practice! Amsterdam October 16th.
- Chairman of the Working group Gender NVVC. (June)
- Spokesman Netherlands Heart Foundation: 6 minute campaign
- Member Critical Event Committee Side guard study (international)
- Participation in the expert team of VMS Dutch Safety Program regarding ACS.
- Ambassador Netherlands Heart Foundation: campaign Female and heart disease
- Member Critical Event Committee Stentys study (international)
- Investigator in the “BIOMarker study to identify the Acute Risk of a Coronary Syndrome’’. Study by Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Member Innovative Medical Devices Initiative Netherlands (IMDI) Theme Committee ZonMw
- DSMB member Apposition IV trial: randomized, multicenter, safety and effectiveness study with a selfexpandable stent (international). Genae Associates, Antwerpen.
- Member IMDI Programme Committee Netherlands ZonMw.
- Chairman IMDI Talentprize committee 2011-2012 ZonMw
- Opponent thesis Anouar Belkkamcemi. A new interventional strategy in complex coronary artery disease: drug-eluting balloons; clinical results and OCT analysis. Utrecht 05.02.2013
- 2011 EXAMI study: safety and feasibility study in patients with acute myocardial infarction and treatment with Exenatide
- 2012 EXAMI study: efficacy study in patients with acute myocardial infarction and treatment with Exenatide (starting end of 2012)
- 2010 Image guided plaque ablation: USP 945593